Sunday, March 1, 2009


Well the first two months of 2009 were here and are now gone. I look back and it seems all a blur. I am more focused on getting the word out about the dangers in our food. I can now give my children a snack or dinner and I know that it is not poisoning them. Kevin is teasing me by saying he is going to buy me a Subaru so I do not look out of place when shopping at the Co-op. I admit, maybe the tree huggers have had it right all these years. If you would have told me 6 months ago that I would be eating organic, well you would have been crazy. I had a thought last week when I went to check out Walmarts selection of organic food, by the way it was not worth it. Do you ever see obese people shopping at the Co-op or any other health food store? NO, we all shop at the grocery store. We buy cheap processed foods that are causing more damage to our bodies then we have realized. We sit back accepting the FDA is "watching" out for us. If we would just investigate the changes that are being made it all will become so clear. There is a reason for increase in cancer, ADD, Autisim, food allergies, diabetes and obesity. Yes, it is more expensive to eat healthy. In January our family spent $1126.00 on food and in February $1131.22. I think the initial couple of months is the most expensive. We had to replace a lot of spices and other food that normally will not cost each month. I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Followers