Wow I can't believe that it has almost been a year since Kennedy was diagnosed with celiac disease. Who would have ever thought that I would be buying organic and cooking with rice flour a year ago? This has been a rough year and looking back I am so glad that I am where we are. Kennedy looks so healthy and the trips to the doctors have decreased. I am hopeful that 2010 will be a healthy year for our family.
I have really been into baking since Thanksgiving. I enjoy trying to find gluten free alternatives that taste just as good as the gluten filled food. It is not easy, but I think that I have found a few top notch recipes. Most of are meals are made from scratch which makes it really time consuming, but I know that quick and easy is not always good for you. Kevin stands at the kitchen sink as I dirty up all of the dishes. He washes the dishes and then I dirty them back up. It is a constant circle of rotating dishes.
I do miss eating out at restaurants. We occasionally get to go out and eat, but it is very rare. The ease of going through a drive thru is no longer an option. I have to make sure that I always have food with us wherever we go.
Our house is gluten free and we all eat gluten free with her. I try not to make it seem that she is eating something weird or abnormal. I admit that when Kevin and I are away from home we do eat an occasional hamburger with a bun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(184)
-
▼
December
(24)
- Skiing at Brundage
- Charlie gets a Snuggie for Christmas
- Gluten Free Jello Pretzel Salad
- New waffle maker
- Christmas 2009
- Christmas Eve BINGO Party
- White Water Pizza
- The Girls head to New Meadows
- Tip Tap Toes Christmas Dance Recital
- Breakfast Casserole
- We have snow
- Chocolate Chex Caramel Crunch
- White Chocolate Popcorn
- Calvary Christian School Christmas Program 2009
- Baking for the holidays
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2009 Christmas Tree Ornaments
- Boise State will be playing in the Fiesta Bowl Ja...
- Meat and Cheese Yum Yum's
- Lazy Sunday
- Gluten Free Pizza Crust
- New York Cheesecake
- Kennedy has Impetigo
- Our Christmas Tree
-
▼
December
(24)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.