Since hearing about Leroy Matthews death I have been thinking how short life can be. We never know when our last day may be. It is so important to make time in our busy lives to spend with friends and family. I decided to throw a BBQ in New Meadows the Saturday(July 12, 2009) following Leroy's death. I had 72 hours to plan an event that I had no idea how many would people would show up. With the help of my former classmate and friend, Mac Qualls, we started posting our BBQ plans on facebook. Before long we had people signing up to come and it all just came together. About 200 people showed up to to the BBQ. We even had to make a run to the store to get more hamburgers. We stayed in the park until 12:30 a.m. just siting back and remembering our friend Leroy. Sunday, July 12, 2009
Celebration of Leroy's Life BBQ
Since hearing about Leroy Matthews death I have been thinking how short life can be. We never know when our last day may be. It is so important to make time in our busy lives to spend with friends and family. I decided to throw a BBQ in New Meadows the Saturday(July 12, 2009) following Leroy's death. I had 72 hours to plan an event that I had no idea how many would people would show up. With the help of my former classmate and friend, Mac Qualls, we started posting our BBQ plans on facebook. Before long we had people signing up to come and it all just came together. About 200 people showed up to to the BBQ. We even had to make a run to the store to get more hamburgers. We stayed in the park until 12:30 a.m. just siting back and remembering our friend Leroy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(184)
-
▼
July
(15)
- Huckleberry Picking
- What a crazy day! I took Kennedy's stitches out ...
- Camping in Cascade, Idaho
- Kennedy's first stitches
- Pamela's Yummy Zucchini Bread
- Kennedy's EEG Test
- Mommy and Kennedy Day
- First pick out of our garden
- Kennedy's 6 month check up
- Celebration of Leroy's Life BBQ
- Leroy Matthews dies
- 4th of July in Cascade
- 4th of July Gluten Free Cupcakes
- Poor Chevy
- Our 15th Anniversary
-
▼
July
(15)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.